As with any potential serious health problem like hypertension it is important to work with your GP and discuss your treatment plan.
Diet, exercise and reducing your stress are the primary areas to address if you have high blood pressure, (which I’ll mention in another post). There are a number of natural remedies that have been scientific tested that may help reduce mild hypertension. Again it is always best to work with a qualified herbalist & naturopath to have them prescribed the correct ones and the correct dosages for your individual needs.
Some of the lead natural treats for hypertension include;
- Magnesium (best form is with citrate or di or biglycinate)
- CoQ10 (especially if you are taking lowering cholesterol medication)
- Omega 3 fatty fish (like salmon) or high quality fish oils
- Beetroot to read my previous post on how beetroot juice can help reduce blood pressure click
- Hibisicus tea
- Medicinal herbs Hawthorn, Linden, Coleus, DanShen, Mistletoe, Olive leaf, Valerian, Yarrow and Zizyphus
Watch Dr Axe explain some of the main natural ways to help lower blood pressure